In this rehearsal the Orchestra, conducted by Dani Espasa at the harpsichord, will start work on the programmes it will offer in June and July via Catalunya Música and TV3. After the summer it will be possible to see them on the new Auditori Digital (auditoridigital.cat) platform, when this goes live.
Barcelona Symphony Orchestra safety measures
To ensure the safety of the musicians, the Barcelona Symphony Orchestra has put a number of measures in place:
• Members of the Barcelona Symphony Orchestra will have to be at least 2 metres apart on stage.
• During all rehearsals in June and July musicians will use the same chair, which will be marked with their name.
• Music stands will be for individual use and will not be shared.
• Musicians will use photocopies of the score to avoid coming into contact with the originals.
• The timetable has been modified to reduce the number of breaks and minimise the risk of contact between the musicians.
• Musicians and all L’Auditori de Barcelona staff will have restricted access to common areas in the building.
• Body temperature checks will be conducted upon entry to L’Auditori.
Aleix Palau | 10 June 2020
Barcelona Symphony Orchestra to hold its first rehearsal since lockdown on Monday 15 June
After several months away from the stage, the Barcelona Symphony Orchestra will hold its first rehearsal next Monday, 15 June, in Sala 1 (Pau Casals) at L’Auditori.